Design Release Engineer (EDS)
Location Warwick, England, United Kingdom
Job ID J000615251
As the Design Release Engineer, you will play a critical role in partnering with our customers to deliver on product engineering initiatives. Working as part of the customer engineering team, you will design wire harness systems and support the end to end harness design and engineering processes.
Working closely with the project team and customer, you will have overall responsibility for wiring harness systems under your control. Adopting a proactive approach, you will be encouraged to explore your curiosity and creativity, watching products come to life.
- Ensure drawing designs are released according to drawing release planning and designs comply with customer requirements.
- Provide CAD Engineer with necessary documents to assure design compliance and high conformity with other similar harnesses on the same platform.
- Ensure prototype and pre-series delivery and builds, including specification and issuing rework activities.
- Provide feedback and input into project and commercial systems.
- Collate component status and availability information in time for drawing release and update project management controls.
- Complete a fresh eye review on the designated harnesses in accordance to the projects master timing plan.
- Detect and Identify new/deleted functions and inform responsible system engineer.
- Track and update master drawings and ensure all engineering changes have been updated and distributed accordingly.
- Liaise with manufacturing and internal teams to manage delivery and follow up on customer triggered issues.
- Develop strong working relationships with the customer both at UK and across Europe, proactively managing the relationship to partner with our customers and identify continuous improvements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technical or a related field.
- 1+ years’ experience delivering electronic distribution system engineering projects.
- Experience and passion for applying engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice to design products.
- Strong communicator and project leader, with a collaborative mindset.
- Data and analytical problem solving ability, who is action oriented and adaptive to change.
Aptiv Rewards & Advantages
- Competitive compensation package including; Healthcare, Pension.
- Learning, professional growth and development in a world recognized international environment.
- Access to internal & external training, coaching & certifications.
- Recognition for innovation and excellence.
- Opportunities to give back to the community.
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
Some see differences. We see perspectives that make us stronger.
Diversity and Inclusion are sources of innovation and creativity, both of which are essential to Aptiv’s success. Everyday our diverse team comes together, drives innovation, pursues solutions, and meets challenges using their unique abilities, perspectives and talents, changing what tomorrow brings.
When you join our team, you’ll get encouraged to think boldly, express your viewpoint and innovate as a matter of habit.
Some See Technology. We See a Way to Make Connections.
At Aptiv, we don’t just see the world differently; we work to change reality. That means developing technology that rewrites the rules of what’s possible in the pursuit of making transportation safer, greener and more connected. Today there are more than 180,000 of us globally, located in 44 countries, and united by one mission. Join the movement and together, let’s change tomorrow
Privacy Notice - Active Candidates: https://www.aptiv.com/privacy-notice-active-candidates
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Featured Jobs / Recently Viewed Jobs / Saved Jobs
There are no jobs at the moment.View all open positions
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobsView all open positions
No saved jobsView all open positions