Location Gdansk, Pomerania, Poland
Job ID J000612619
Act as key member of local division finance & controlling team and work under supervision of local division controller to ensure that required attention, focus and financial performance is achieved in respective areas. Person will be part of local Management team and will support and facilitate the decision-making process of the team by providing sound financial and business insight, will support effective business decisions by monitoring, analyzing, and interpreting financial data in order to evaluate various business alternatives and recommend the most appropriate business solutions.
- Manages annual budgeting, monthly forecasting, and the management accounting/reporting process.
- Manages all aspects of financial and accounting functions for the plant partnering with shared services
- Oversees preparation of the plants financial reporting. Analyze and report manufacturing efficiency variances and determine corrective action requirements. Ensures items are correctly classified and all reporting is prepared in accordance with GAAP.
- Proven track record of business partnership and strong ability to leader organization to deliver financial commitment.
- Advises management team on all financial/budgetary requirements and develops financial goals in partnership with plant and corporate leadership.
- Ensures that plant goals and initiatives are developed in line with company values, strategic goals, and business plans
- Reviews control procedures over accounting and financial activities. Provides guidance to ensure that internal accounting controls are in place to protect company assets. Ensures an adequate system of internal control is maintained, and that general ledger accounts are correctly stated, maintains SOX compliance.
- Seek continuous improvement and use of best practices throughout the organization.
- Actively manages career development of direct reports, reviews performance, provides coaching and counseling as required to increase performance.
- Minimum of 5 years accounting and finance experience in automotive manufacturing environment
- Experience in managing teams, respectful with collaboration mindset
- Managing multiple priorities, attention to detail and accuracy
- Master’s degree, with Finance management/ accounting or related qualifications (CPA or local equivalent preferred)
- Fluent communication in English both written and verbal.
- Structured and result oriented leader along with solid finance & controlling knowledge (costing, revenue recognition, risk management, internal controls)
- US GAAP knowledge/experience will be an asset
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley legislation and requirements preferred
- stable employment in the international tech company
- competitive compensation package including: Bonus Potential, Healthcare, Employee Pension Plan (PPK), Social Fund, group employee insurance, sports activities Multisport card, etc.
- opportunity to develop skills and participate in interesting projects
- work full of challenges in the international work environment and atmosphere that allows for an innovative approach to the tasks being carried out
- the possibility of further professional development
- meaningful work that makes a difference in the world.
- Work in world-recognized company quoted on NYSE
- Obtain opportunity for professional growth and development in an international environment
- Gain access to internal & external trainings, coaching & certifications i.e. ACCA, language courses, postgraduate studies
- Have flexible working hours including home working
Some see differences. We see perspectives that make us stronger.
Diversity and Inclusion are sources of innovation and creativity, both of which are essential to Aptiv’s success. Everyday our diverse team comes together, drives innovation, pursues solutions, and meets challenges using their unique abilities, perspectives and talents, changing what tomorrow brings. When you join our team, you’ll get encouraged to think boldly, express your viewpoint and innovate as a matter of habit.
Some see technology. We see a way to make connections.
At Aptiv, we don’t just see the world differently; we work to change reality. That means developing technology that rewrites the rules of what’s possible in the pursuit of making transportation safer, greener and more connected. Today there are more than 180,000 of us globally, located in 44 countries, and united by one mission. Join the movement and together, let’s change tomorrow.
Privacy Notice - Active Candidates: https://www.aptiv.com/privacy-notice-active-candidates
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Featured Jobs / Recently Viewed Jobs / Saved Jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
No recently viewed jobsView all open positions
No saved jobsView all open positions